Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Presents La Dolce Vita
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai05/10/2012
Four Seasons Resort Hualālai at Historic Ka‘ūpūlehu, the first and only Forbes Five-Star resort on Hawai‘i Island, announces La Dolce Vita, an epicurean celebration of the “sweet life” featuring Palmina and Brewer-Clifton wines.
The series of culinary events, to be held at the Resort June 11-16, 2012, includes a variety of cooking classes, culinary experiences and spectacular dinners, all co-hosted by Steve and Chrystal Clifton, owners of Palmina and partners of Brewer-Clifton wines.
“We continue to bring our guests exciting culinary events, ones which allow them to not only experience great food, but to interact with our chefs, great winemakers and special friends,” says Robert Whitfield, regional vice president and general manager of Four Seasons Resort Hualālai. “La Dolce Vita will be a fantastic celebration, as we head into another great Summer season.”
The line-up of events (schedule subject to change) is as follows:
Monday, June 11
• Pizza & Dolcetto Dinner - Chef Nick Mastrascusa and manager Chuck Wilson host this Palmina tradition, in which specialty pizzas are grilled beachside as winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton pour the just-released 2011 Dolcetto.
Tuesday, June 12
• WOW Farm Tour Lunch and Wine Tasting - Chef Nick Mastrascusa, manager Chuck Wilson and winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton host a trip to WOW Farms – Hawaii’s best tomato farm. Guests will join a private tour from owner Mike Hodson, pick tomatoes for that evening’s Taste of WOW Dinner and enjoy a farm lunch and wine tasting.
• Taste of Wow Dinner - WOW Farms owner Mike Hodson and winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton join Chef Nick Mastrascusa and manager Chuck Wilson for an extraordinary prix-fixe dinner. WOW Farm tomatoes will be featured in all three courses, including made-to-order spaghetti with wild boar meatballs and Barbera wine.
Wednesday, June 13
• Bubbles & Bon Bons - A perfect example of La Dolce Vita, this afternoon tradition of a drink and something sweet takes on a new life at the beach. Guests will sip Prosecco while Chef Nick Mastrascusa teaches how to make Beach Tree’s famous bon bons.
• Ultimate Catch Dinner – Guests will enjoy a three-course prix-fixe medley of Hawaii’s great fish, grilled on the beach by Chef Nick Mastrascusa. Winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton will present their Arneis, Malvasia Bianca and Botasea Rosato wines.
Thursday, June 14
• Gnocchi Making Class – Chef Nick Mastrascusa will teach guests to prepare his grandmother’s famous gnocchi, while enjoying housemade sangria. That evening at the Gnocchi & Barbera Dinner, Chef Nick will cook the gnocchi the guests prepared, serving them their respective creations.
• Gnocchi & Barbera Dinner – Chef Nick Mastrascusa, manager Chuck Wilson and winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton will prepare gnocchi to order – on display in the Beach Tree dining room, paired with Palmina’s Alisos wine.
Friday, June 15
• Meet the Winemakers – Guests are invited to join Steve and Chrystal Clifton, makers of Palmina Wines and partners of Brewer-Clifton Wines for an intimate wine tasting and discussion, featuring Arneis and Dolcetto wines from Palmina and the Mt Carmel Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from Brewer-Clifton.
• Palmina Wines Dinner Party – The party will begin at the Beach Tree Lounge, with passed hors d’ouevres and wine, before the main seating in the dining room, followed by a three-course family-style prix-fixe dinner and celebration. Winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton present their Tocai, Malvasia, Botasea Rosato, Dolcetto, Barbera, Nebbiolo "Santa Barbara County" wines.
Saturday, June 16
• Olive Oil 101 - Chef Nick Mastrascusa will host a fun and educational tasting of olive oils, including the premiere of the new Beach Tree signature olive oil. Guests will learn about the rich history of olive oil, its various characteristics and which varietal to use with different foods.
• Brewer-Clifton Winemaker Dinner – Guests will be treated to a spectacular evening of dining and wine pairings at Pahu i’a restaurant. The evening begins with hors d’ouevres and wine alongside the beach, before the seating on the ocean front lanai. Winemakers Steve and Chrystal Clifton host the evening, which features Brewer-Clifton wines alongside Chefs Nick Mastrascusa and Shaun Acosta’s locally-sourced five-course menu, as well as local farmers. Featured wines include: Gnesa Chardonnay, Mt. Carmel Chardonnay, Rancho Santa Rosa Chardonnay, Ampelos Pinot Noir, Cargasacchi Pinot Noir and the Mt. Carmel Pinot Noir.
Guests are also invited to book the Experience More package, which includes a $250 resort credit. This five-night package includes luxurious accommodations, and the resort credit is applicable to incidental charges, including La Dolce Vita events, with nightly rates from $545.
For more information and reservations, please call toll-free (888) 340-5662, contact your travel professional (chain code FS.)
« Back to Press Room Page