Hualalai Resort on the Kohala Coast, Hawai'i
Discover the Gracious Hawaiian Lifestyle enjoyed by Residents and Members at Hualalai Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Situated on the renowned Kona-Kohala Coast of West Hawaii, Hualalai Resort has set the standard for exclusive, luxury residential communities worldwide with its outstanding service – delivered with aloha – exquisite natural beauty and award-winning design and facilities. The Resort is also home to the Five Diamond Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. A tranquil, oceanfront retreat, Hualalai Resort embraces Hawaiian traditions and warm hospitality while offering the latest in culinary and retail experiences and providing state-of-the art Club facilities and programming. The Hualalai Club includes two spectacular championship golf courses and clubhouses, the critically acclaimed Sports Club & Spa, the Canoe Club and the Residents' Beach House. Real estate opportunities include villas, homes and custom homesites. Aloha and e komo mai…welcome home to Hualalai!
Literally translated as "leaders of the waves," Hualalai Resort's Alaka'i Nalu program reflects an earlier era of the Hawaiian beach boy. Our Alaka'i Nalu are respected masters of the ocean who are committed to Hawaiian ocean activities, safety and history. They are some of the top watermen and women in the state.
Programs offered include:
· Six-man Canoe Paddling and Snorkeling
· Two-man Canoe Paddling
· Sailing Canoe
· Shoreline Fishing
· Surfing – on property (seasonal)
· Ocean Swimming
· Junior Alaka'i Nalu Program
· Junior Ocean Adventure
Reawaken your Spirit
This special place called Ka'upulehu, once believed to be named Ka`ulupulehu, roasted breadfruit, is based on a legend of two sisters, Kolomu'o and Pahinahina, who was visited by Pele while roasting their breadfruit. Stories such as these help define the history of these lands.
Ka`upulehu Cultural Center
At the Ka'upulehu Cultural Center, located below the Hualalai Grille, the legacy of this place and the culture of Hawaii is celebrated with programs designed to educate families:
- Lei making
- Traditional hula
- Canoe paddling
- Hawaiian language
- Hawaiian arts and crafts
- Culture and natural history
- Native flora and fauna
- Hawaiian music
Shopping at Hualalai
At Hualalai there are a wide variety of shops available to fill your every need. Whether you are looking to fill a cooler with drinks and snacks for a day of amazing sightseeing, the perfect gift for a loved one or being impulsive and treating yourself to an exquiste item, you will find it all here at Hualalai Resort.
- Seaside Boutique: Exquisite womens apparel featuring designers such as Allegra Hicks, Diane Von Furstenberg, Mizuki, Tibi, Catherine Malandrino and many more!
- The Club Shop: Golf accessories, apparel, headwear and equipment for men and women.
- The Trading Company: Everything under the sun... apparel, beach goodies, personal items, gifts and fresh food.
- The Spa Shop: This is the place for your fitness apparel. Logo tee's and tank's ,running shorts, shoes, swearshirts, swimwear and spa essentials like body scrub and aromatherapy.
- The Tennis Shop: Tennis apparel and accessories for Men, Women and Children.
The award-winning Hualalai Sports Club and Hualalai Spa is an oasis located in the heart of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. A place of healing that takes you on a journey to balance your body, mind and soul.
- Fully-trained Spa staff
- Spa treatments include aromatherapy, hydro-lipid facials, Swedish massage, Hawaiian lomi lomi massage and deep-cleansing treatments including Hualalai Salt Glo
- 25-meter, four-lane lap pool
- Eight tennis courts with Rebound Ace surfaces
- Three separate gyms of 1300 square feet
- Variety of weight machines and free weights
- Treadmills, upright and recumbent bikes, stair and rowing machines
- Spinning, step and aqua aerobic classes
- Basketball court
- Climbing Wall
Awaken Your Palate
As a stay at Hualalai renews the spirit, so does the cuisine revitalize the senses with fresh island flavors. The daily catch comes straight from Big Island waters or from one of the fish ponds at Hualalai, where in keeping with Hawaiian tradition, the most coveted island fish were raised in ponds by the sea.
The organic produce is just picked from the mist-covered fields of Waimea. Our chefs bring it all together in a style that is uniquely Hualalai.